Volunteer with LLERO!
Are you someone who’s always on the go? Obsessively asks questions? Do you document everything via social media or your blog?
Do you want to switch to a career in media but don’t think you have enough experience to get started?
Looking to sharpen your skills, and learn new ones, while being creative? Interested in developing your journalism skills on a topic you love?
Then volunteer with the LLERO.com team!
LLERO.com is looking for volunteer editors, content creators, writers, photographers, and videographers who are interested in getting practical experience while telling stories that matter to them and our audience.
Marketing & Promotions
• Help create digital marketing campaigns to promote our site and content.
• Research and develop potential marketing partnership opportunities.
• Write ad copy to promote our various projects (newsletter, events, etc.)
• Support social media efforts that involve ads and promotions
• Generate and implement ideas to increase our newsletter subscribers and strengthen our social media presence.
• Take pictures at live events
• Create image galleries and slide shows
• Generate ideas for image driven stories we can post on our website and social media platforms
• Conduct photo research
• Shoot and edit video of live events
• Create short videos related to our content areas for site and social media
• Generate ideas for video stories
• Create platform specific content (campaigns, slide shows, mini profiles)
• Promote our website content
• Help analyze metrics to figure out how content and campaigns are performing on our platforms
• Create social media friendly headlines and summaries
• Generate ideas to help us grow our social media presence
• Research and produce content on topics related to Latino men including: entertainment, health, culture and career.
• Produce original stories, take general assignments, attend events
• Fact check stories
• Conduct photo research
• Create SEO friendly headlines and summaries
• This is a volunteer position
• You only need to commit 5 hours a week (unless you want to spend more time with us!)
• You get to work remotely whether that’s at a coffee shop or your home! It also means you set your own hours. We just ask for regular communication via email, skype, phone call or an occasional meeting.
• Some experience (internship or school activities count!) or education in communications, journalism, online media or a related subject. Photography, multimedia, and online publishing a big plus but not required.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Knowledge and/or interest in US Latino culture.
How to Apply
Send us a resume and cover letter telling us about your experience in journalism/online media, and why you are interested in volunteering. All materials can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org [WR – WE CAN CHANGE THIS TO THE GENERAL EDIT EMAIL BOX]