User Guidelines and F.A.Q
What Is It?
‘LLERO is a lifestyle and news platform that allows you to tell and share your stories through long and short form articles, video and photo essays. If you have an idea for a story that readers would be interested in, then we are looking for you to contribute to the conversation by telling your story.
What Do I Get?
Experience & Exposure
Becoming a contributor is a great way to enhance your resume and get meaningful experience creating content for an online publication that garners over 100,000 visits per month and growing!!!
Beside the resume enhancement, you’ll be able to add pieces to your portfolio, always helps to have something tangible to show beyond the resume blurb!!
Access to A Network
Once you become a contributor you’re footprint will grow. Ever search for a source in California, but you are stuck in New York, or encounter that publicist that just won’t return your calls? Join us and you’ll connect to our rich network of local contributors across the country and new media pro’s we work with on a daily basis. Plus, if your submissions hit off, the national stage awaits!
Submit a head shot, brief bio (no more than 100 words) and link to at least one social media handle. We use the information to set you up with a Contributor Page. See example here.
Stories and Promotion
We’d like two stories a month, but more is always welcome. Promotion – You have to promote. These days everyone has at least one social media account. Want folks to know what you are up to? Then you’ll need to promote your piece on your social media accounts. It’s only fair, because we will.
When are the deadlines?
Your first article is due within 10 business days of approval. Although extensions are possible
Is it okay that I’ve never written for a publication before?
Sure. There’s a first time for everything. Remember, we are about helping you get ahead too!! Plus we love discovering new talent.
What would I write about?
Local contributors can write for any of the sections that are a part of the site. Basically, we want you to cover things that are relevant to where and how you live, wherever that may be.
Do I need my story ideas approved?
Before writing a story, visit our “Why Contribute” page here to pitch your story idea and get it approved. Once it gets the OK, we will notify you and set a deadline for submission. Also, we have a few content guidelines below about submitting content that you should read and comply with.
Where do I send the stories?
All our content is submitted via our “How to Contribute” page here. Once you submit, we’ll take a look, make edits and presto – publish.
Yes, please!! All of our articles have awesome photography, so it’s a plus if you have a camera and can take your own photos. If you don’t have a camera and can’t borrow one from a friend, we’ll figure out a way to get photos for your articles.
How do I upload content?
Visit our “How to Contribute Page” to submit your content.
Content Guidelines/Style Guide
Here is what contributors need to know before submitting content.
We are looking for original writing or images that speak to the content on our site – Entertainment, Dating & Relationships, Vida, Health, Culture & Politics and Career. So before you submit, take a look at and comply with our Do’s & Don’ts listed below.
- Familiarize yourself with what we like to publish by spending time on the site before submitting
- Be original
- Cite your sources
- Know your rights – Read our full Contributor Agreement
- Be engaging and different
- Be relevant and informative
- Above all – be yourself
- Submit on topics or story angles we’ve already published. Not sure if your idea has been done before? Use the “SEARCH” function in the Navigation Bar of the website to review existing content
- Copy and paste already published content
- Use profanity or foul language in the content
- Use anything pornographic
- Use anything obscene, defamatory or abusive
- Title: Your title should reflect the subject matter of your content.
- Articles: Write and upload an original draft (min 500 words / max 1500 words). Check spelling, punctuation, grammar and facts. Submissions sent with numerous errors will not be considered for publication.
- Images: Please do not embed images in your draft document; simply indicate that images are available upon request. If submitting a photo essay or other image-based piece, submit images per guidelines below.
- Sources: The sources of information should be identified as specifically as possible.
- Social Media: Is your story shareable on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram?
- Promote, Promote, Promote – Everyone has at least one social media account. Once your content is up promote it to all of your family and friends!!
‘LLERO allows contributors to upload images that are relevant to the submitted articles. Please note, any irrelevant images will be deleted. It is the contributor’s responsibility to ensure that the images provided have the necessary rights required for publication by ‘LLERO. You may use images that you created.
Please follow these rules when submitting images:
- Format: .jpg or .png only
- Resolution: High-quality Resolution/Pixelation
- Size: Minimum (1500 width x 700 height)
- Sources: The sources of any image should be identified as specifically as possible. Please give credit to copyrighted images. If you have any issues with images, the editor can assist you.
We have the right to decline your submission if it does not follow all the guidelines. Please contact us if you’re unclear about our guidelines.