Calling all aspiring artists. Tired of sending out that demo? Still pushing that mix tape on the corner? Is the A&R department at the indie label just not returning your calls? J Balvin is giving one lucky performer a chance to collaborate with him on a new track. Yep, you read it right. To honor his roots and celebrate the Latino community, J Balvin is inviting aspiring musicians, producers and all music fans to collaborate with him through the Buchanan’s Es Nuestro Momento Featuring J Balvin contest.
What Is It?
Mr. Balvin has proven himself as quite adept in the game with his new take on Reggaeton and his reinvigoration of the genre. We all know J Balvin’s music is energetic, unique, and captivating – just like his Latino roots – so what better way to share his cultural pride with the world than through his music? This one-of-a-kind contest, is in collaboration with Buchanan’s Whisky and powered by SoundCloud.
SoundCloud is making Balvin’s acapella vocals of the unreleased “Es Nuestro Momento” track available for people to integrate into their own unique song creations. Just need to follow the steps below to enter.
1. Visit EsNuestroMomento.com between March 6 – March 20, 2017 and download Balvin’s acapella vocals of the “Es Nuestro Momento” song (only those based in the U.S. that are 21 years and older can participate)
2. Start working on your creation, which will “feature” J Balvin!
3. Upload your version of the “Es Nuestro Momento” song featuring J Balvin to EsNuestroMomento.com before March 20th (and share it on your SoundCloud profile if you have one!)
4. On March 22nd, ask all your friends, family and social media followers to visit EsNuestroMomento.com and vote for your song. Voting ends on April 7th, 2017
5. Vote for your favorite song by “liking” it on EsNuestroMomento.com, and get access to download the complete “Es Nuestro Momento” track by Balvin
6. From the top three finalists, J Balvin will choose the winner and announce the winning track via his social media on April 19, 2017.
What’s In It For You
Besides getting put down by one of the hottest artists in the game? Or creating a song that could potentially be heard by millions of people? Well, there is also a chance to win a trip to the 2017 Latin Billboards in Miami and a chance to meet Senor Balvin himself. Not a bad payoff if you ask us.