‘LLERO Is Seeking Interns
Yes, that’s right. We are looking for a few good guys or gals, for the Spring 2017 semester.
As an intern, you will:
- Conduct editorial research, generate ideas and pitches on topics of interest for the site and social media channels;
- Stay up to date on relevant news impacting our audience;
- Review, edit and post articles in our content management system;
- Create content for the website, such as articles, photos and/or videos;
- Conduct photo research; and
- Assist in management of the contributor network
WHAT IT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Publish content which can serve as Portfolio pieces;
- Editorial experience by helping to manage contributors and writers and writing for the site;
- College Credit;
- Exposure to our network or writers, publicists and contributors.
- Reporting and writing skills;
- Experience using WordPress;
- Interest in, and familiarity with, Latino culture and journalism;
- Working knowledge of different social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, LinkedIn);
- Organized and detailed-oriented person who works well under tight deadlines;
- Prior web internship experience preferred;
- Experience with Photoshop, and html are a plus, but not required;
- Bilingual skills (English, Spanish) are also a plus, but not required;
PLEASE NOTE: This is a telecommuting/remote opportunity and schedules are flexible. Candidates must be available for a minimum of 16 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship and school credit is required. Juniors and seniors will be given preference but all eligible students are welcome to apply. To apply please submit the following materials:
- Recent resume;
- Cover letter;
- Two writing samples (published articles, academic paper, blog posts are acceptable);
- A letter of reference; and
- Three sample headlines for an article. For example:
“Six Great Ways to Score a Call Back Interview”
“Why Tinder Beats Bumble Any Day of the Week”
All applications should be sent via email to email@example.com by September 16, 2016. Please put “’LLERO Internship” in the subject line.
We are seeking a marketing intern for the Spring 2017 semester. As an intern, you will:
• Assist in creating a digital marketing campaign to advertise and promote the new User-Generated Content section of the site.
• Draft promotional copy to market the site’s newsletter on our social media platforms.
• Generate ideas to help increase newsletter subscribers and implement the selected strategy.
• Assist with monitoring the performance of the promotional copy.
• Provide support to social media efforts that involve advertising & promotion
WHAT IT’S IN IT FOR YOU
• Potential opportunity to meet with experienced industry professionals.
• Potential attendance at marketing and/or advertising events with various brands and companies
• College Credit
• Solid understanding and use of social media and online content practices, including an understanding of audience behaviors by channel and platform (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr and Instagram)
• Some writing and editing experience (e.g. school newspaper, blogs, etc)
• Strong understanding and passion for online technologies, audience metrics, social media, and search engine optimization
• A strong work ethic and commitment to achieve goals. Evidence of past successes in content and knowing what will be read on social channels
• Comfortable with data and analytics. Able to interpret metrics and use them to inform audience development decisions
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Demonstrated ability to work on a small team in a dynamic environment
• Strong understanding and passion for Latino culture and entertainment.
• Organized and detailed-oriented person who works well under tight deadlines;
• Prior marketing internship experience preferred;
• Experience with Photoshop a plus but not required;
• Bilingual skills (English, Spanish) are also a plus, but not required;
: This is a telecommuting/remote opportunity and schedules are flexible. Candidates must be available for a minimum of 16 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship and school credit is required. Juniors and seniors will be given preference but all eligible students are welcome to apply. To apply please submit the following materials:
• Recent resume;
• Cover letter;
• Two writing samples (published articles, academic paper, blog posts are acceptable);
• Three sample headlines for advertising and promotional copy. For example:
“The Hottest Latinas of 2016 List is Just a Click Away”
“Stand Up for Your ‘Stash! We’re Hosting Another Mo ‘LLERO Mixer and You’re Invited”
“Nike Drops the New Kobe 11 Colorways Kicks! Find Out How to Win a Free Pair!”
• A letter of reference
All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2017. Please put “LLERO Marketing Internship” in the subject line.